We’re the non-profit trade association that’s been serving the real estate investing industry since 1985.
What Is National REIA?
The National Real Estate Investors Association is a 501 (c) 6 trade association. We are a federation made up of local associations or investment clubs throughout the United States. We represent local investor associations, property owner associations, apartment associations, and landlord associations on a national scale. Together we represent the interests of approximately 40,000 members across the U.S. As such, we are the largest broad based organization dedicated to the individual investor.
Our Mission Statement
To develop, support and promote local real estate investor organizations while serving the interests of the real estate investment industry through networking, education, support, leadership on legislative issues, and promoting professionalism and standards of excellence in our industry.
To be THE source for the independent real estate investment industry. Our key focus areas will be legislation, funding, membership, education, administration/governance, information/communication.
To advance and protect the industry of real estate investing while helping real estate investors prosper and add value to their lives and their communities.
Code of Ethics
As a condition of membership each group is required to adopt the National REIA Code of Ethics established by the National REIA Board of Directors. The National REIA Board will make and enforce the following Code of Ethics and shall have the authority to deny, revoke or suspend membership of any association:
- Which fails to adopt a reasonable code of ethics for its members; or
- Whose leadership has engaged in practices concerning its membership or promoted policies toward the general public which reflect poorly or tend to discredit or bring into disrepute the business of real estate investment or of real estate investment associations; activities such as:
- Artificially inflating the value of any property above margins of 10% to 20% of fair market trading value.
- Failing to disclose to any buyer conditions that would knowingly reduce the value of a property
- Taking advantage of new investors trust of seasoned investors by over valuating estimates
- Factually deceiving any other REIA club member; or
- Whose purpose or mission is not compatible with the mission of NATIONAL REIA; or
- Engages in activities contrary to NATIONAL REIA’s mission; or
- Engages in any activities or actions which are not in the best interest of NATIONAL REIA.
Any complaint about a member or prospective member shall be submitted in writing to the NATIONAL REIA Board of Directors;
ATTN. Board of Directors
2755 Mansion Place
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
No oral complaint shall be accepted. The association in question shall have the opportunity to make a written response. The Board of Directors shall investigate as much as it deems necessary to make a decision on an ethics complaint but shall not conduct any proceeding where it will hear oral arguments from either the complainant or the responding association.